Monday, August 10, 2009

hey internet. I'm pretty tired today, in spite of the nonfat white mocha that sits on the desk in front of me, so I'm going to pretend I'm a 15 year old kid on myspace and i'm not going to capitalize letters or use punctuation. i just don't feel like it. i was thinking of spelling some things wrong too but that will probably require more energy than spelling them right, such is the obsessive nature of my brain.

as much as i like my job i sometimes get depressed by the number of people around, especially online, who seem to know nothing about anything and furthermore have no ability to find out the things they don't know WHATSOEVER. how can we help these people? i mean, we can give them the specific information they want (sometimes) or refer them somewhere where they will be able to get it, or in most cases say, "sorry, no one knows that but you" ("should i ask out my cute friend? i'm not sure if he likes me") but at the end of the day, they will still be the type of person who types ludicrous and/or personal questions into a random internet form box in hopes that a stranger will tell them whether they are pregnant, or what type of car to buy, or how to house-break their puppy, or whatever. that is a problem no librarian can solve.

hypothesis: these people also go all the way around traffic circles in the outside lane, they smoke at bus stops, and they leave their dog in the front yard but not tied up, so it chases my dog when i take her for a walk.

but: then i let her poop in their yard and don't scoop, so who is winning?

No comments: