Monday, November 3, 2008

It's all happening.

It was kind of a rough weekend in Jocelyn-topia, as I discovered that the pigeons on my balcony--my nemeses for many months--had actually built a (pathetic, but present nonetheless) NEST on my balcony. They built it kind of behind a chair so I wouldn't see it, the sneaky little pigeon-bastards. And there were 2 dead baby pigeons in that nest. I scared the parents away and then very gingerly cleaned up the nest, although--and I doubt this will shock you, gentle reader--I then started to cry on my balcony. These little pigeons were really gross and sad and dead, and the fact that their parents were continuing to nest kind of on top of them seemed horribly morbid and--what's the word I'm looking for?--maudlin. These pigeons just keep messing with me. I want to move away.

[Previously, in the Pigeon Chronicles: disputed territory; hi pigeons]

I just got one of those dealies from my bank where every time I use my debit card, it rounds up to the nearest dollar and puts that in my savings account. I was going to say that I am going to become a millionaire this way... but actually, in order for that to happen, I would have to have more than a million dollars to start with. I can do the math. I'm going to become a hundredaire!

I've been very busy and lazy simultaneously. Things I have been neglecting in my lazy/busy haze: blogging, swimming, dishes (actually all cleaning activities, full stop). I'm trying to get back to all 3. (I have been diligent about swimming and cleaning for the past three days, and the blogging is happening, well, right now.) I stop paying attention for a few minutes, or weeks, and my life starts to get away from me.

Recently, in brief: liked Passchendaele; enjoying Season 1 of Bones and Season 2 of The Muppet Show; reading and liking--but feeling a bit confused by--Benjamin Nugent's American Nerd: The Story of My People; loved the Graveyard Book; and also, a variety of wedding-planning things, including The DIY Wedding and my new favourite website, Offbeat Bride. Yep. I'm planning a wedding, it's true--although I stubbornly refuse to become one of those crazy wedding-planning girls who won't shut up about their stupid wedding. Also planning: what I think will be an absurdly decadent trip to Las Vegas in December. There will be buffets. And hot tubs. And a drive through the desert, which I feel like I've been dreaming of my whole life, or at least since I began reading the books of Douglas Coupland.

I'll be back. For real this time.

No comments: