Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Observation I, from an expert Observer of roman numerals

I. It might have been overambitious to think I could buy a house, plan my own wedding, be a bridesmaid in the wedding of one of my best friends, wrap up a big contract project, and do Thing-A-Day in one month. (In addition to normal work and dishes, although I never do dishes.) Perhaps the stress and tiredness I am feeling now is a result of that.

[James and I found a really splendid house yesterday, and he was going back today with a list of practical things we didn't notice the first time like "How big are the closets? Is there a washing machine?" and a mental preparedness to make an offer on it as long as none of these practical things had absurd answers, such as "not only is there no washing machine but THERE IS NO RUNNING WATER," and then our realtor called to tell us it had been sold. Falling in love and then having the thing you've fallen in love with taken away from you is tiring.]

II. Or maybe it's just because I don't have any candy in my desk.

[After I wrote that, I had to reboot my computer because it was acting strangely, and as it was restarting I thought, hmm, I should double-check if i actually have any candy in my desk. And I DID. So. We are left with only option Roman Numeral I.]

No comments: