Saturday, April 7, 2007

A short break from princesses.

Filmmaker Miranda July is releasing a book of stories entitled no one belongs here more than you. Her book website is a somewhat low-budget rendition of Amazon.com, drawn on the top of her kitchen appliances with dry-erase marker. It sounds maybe too high-concept, but it works, I think. Her movie Me and You and Everyone We Know was amazing, and it also inspired me to try (unsuccessfully) to copy her hair. Now that she has written a book, I might try to do that too.

So I am tired enough that I am debating whether I should have a nap. I feel like a nap, but I suspect, in my heart of hearts, that no real benefit lies in that direction. I sleep until 7:30 or 8 every day, leap out of bed, run around for 14 or 15 hours, and then go back to sleep. That is how it has always been. Napping leads to insomnia, which in turn can lead to the heartbreak of grouchiness. Best to just stay here, at my computer, and wait for the end.

I suggest you watch some of the videos by prangstgrup. The ones that involve singing are particularly funny. The whole premise seems like good, clean fun--like something that would go on at boarding school, in the Edwardian era. You know what I'm talking about.

Introducing the new English: funnier, more expressive, and more modern. English 2.

I'm exhausted, Internet. I wish I had plans for today. This lack of structure is damaging my inner cool. I updated my blog... "yet the void won't fill."

No comments: