Saturday, April 14, 2007

unravel my greatest mistake

Cullings from my recent delicious bookmarks, aka, the lazy man's blog update. I will add exclamation marks to make them seem enticing.

Germany now has its own plagiarism museum!
A collaborative online graphic novel!
a funny kind of meta-chart!
A handy political euphemism-to-real life translating guide!
Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia!

I had this dream last night in which i went to an engagement party for a former co-worker (who as far as i know isn't getting engaged, but maybe it's a premonition!) and while i was there my permanent retainer fell out--the kind that is attached to your mouth with cement or whatever. And I don't even HAVE a retainer of any kind--yet. But maybe it's a premonition of dental work to come! My mouth feels weird now, though, in the way dreams can have a half-life in reality.

Finally: I am pretty tense (/"alert") about work right now, and I wake up in the middle of the night and worry about it, and the only way I can stop worrying is to get up and work. For this reason, I haven't slept more than 5 or 6 hours a night in many moons. I was out late last night, and I woke up at 6:30 with that missing-retainer feeling, and I was like, "well, i might as well get up and work," and then I realized that down that path lies CRAZINESS and EXHAUSTION. So I went back to sleep. I have to stop this cycle of work. It's productivity, but not the healthy kind of productivity.

To sum up this entry: It is morning, and I am very disoriented.

No comments: