Saturday, May 10, 2008

Things that are awesome today:

1. I started my balcony garden! I have tomatoes and zucchini and a single pepper plant which I don't hold out much hope for. Oh, and sugar snap peas. I've already begun my constant vigilant pigeon surveillance. Those birds better not get all up in my face, or whatever. (My inclination is to do that thing little kids do: to plant seeds and then check on them every few hours to see if they are growing.) Also, I improvised a watering can out of a milk jug. I poked holes in its lid with my stabby screwdriver! So thrifty and crafty. These plants are not all going to die like last year's did, oh no sir. I'm going to water them every day, now that I know from helpful library books that balcony gardens need to be watered every day.

2. There is a fancy new grocery store in my neighbourhood. I've been waiting for it to open literally since I moved in here, almost two years ago. It's not that great for actual, efficient, cost-savings grocery shopping, but it IS good for five kinds of olives, or little containers of alfredo sauce or bruschetta topping or glass jars of organic pear juice. I'm going to throw a succession of ridiculous parties, now that the hors d'oeurves are so convenient.

3. The first season of Heroes. I'm about six episodes in. And I need to get back to it.

4. The Jonathan Coulton song Skullcrusher Mountain.

I'm so into you
But I'm way too smart for you
Even my henchmen think I'm crazy
I'm not surprised that you agree
If you could find some way to be
A little bit less afraid of me
You'd see the voices that control me from inside my head
Say I shouldn't kill you yet

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you
But I get the feeling that you don't like it
What's with all the screaming?
You like monkeys, you like ponies
Maybe you don't like monsters so much
Maybe I used too many monkeys
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?
Seriously. It's the most romantic song EVER.

5. There are things I like all the time, but that I like extra today, including my boyfriend, my apartment, and being a librarian. I'm just in a good mood. Don't worry, it won't last.

No comments: