Thursday, May 22, 2008

Morale is the highest it has been all week.

Sometimes, when what you really want is a break, you have to settle for a few minutes alone in your cubicle with a bagel and coffee and some photocopies and a highlighter, looking busy so people will leave you alone. And sometimes, if you're at your second workplace of the day and you're tired and sick, that few minutes will actually feel like a break. Which is the sad part. Except it doesn't feel sad. It feels like a tremendous relief.

I am pretty sure there is a Gordon Lightfoot song about this.

I watched the greatest movie last night. It's called Desk Set. Have you seen it, Internet? Katharine Hepburn is in it, and she plays a librarian, and she is AWESOME. She's smart and sassy! She wears awesome clothes! She knows everything! In other words, she is Who I Want to Be When I Grow Up. At least I am on the right track. I mean, I already have a library degree, and at least a few items of awesome clothes. It's nice when you realize you are becoming the person you want to be.

The only other thing I have to say is: INDIANNNNNNA JONES!

No comments: