Thursday, May 1, 2008

Jocelyn to old people: "WTF?"

There are all these old people who walk around downtown with absolutely petrified looks on their faces, as if they expect to be mugged AT ANY SECOND.

Actually, I notice the same phenomenon among the old people who live in my building. Whenever I ride elevators with them they look at me with a combination of anxiety and hostility, presumably since I am under the age of 30. I don't really understand why. I'm usually excited about some package I just retrieved from my mailbox. I wear shirts with robots on them. I exude librarian-ness. I don't really know what else I can do to reduce their hostility.

Ooh, except: find a shirt that says I am not going to mug you. Although those wily old people might interpret that as a fake-out.

No comments: