Friday, May 30, 2008

Drunken Marxist emails are almost always funny.

One of the editors of Jezebel received this hilarious email from her drunken sister, who went to see the Sex and the City movie last night: "Or, as Marx would say, the conditions that produced the world of the Sex and the City film would never have been brought into existence."

I've been thinking alot about SATC lately, not because I like it exactly, but more because it was this weird cultural moment that seemed so over and now seems so back. Plus I'm obsessed with things that are about women, especially things like SATC, which is about women in such a brilliantly fictional way. However I'm going to see it tomorrow so I might as well save my (undoubtedly brilliant) insights until then.

Blah blah blah, cataloguing research articles. I feel kind of like I've already died (presumably from some kind of bacterial infection in my perpetually-sore throat) and I'm in hell, except I didn't notice. My real life blurred with hell so inconspicuously that it was invisible. Oh, and it's air-conditioned, unexpectedly. Itinerant librarian discovers hell air-conditioned! Read all about it!

No comments: