Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jocelyn is not really dull; she may only need her eyes examined.

I'm sewing for victory. Well, or, at least, for my own amusement. Which is a kind of victory.

Another day of browsing WPA posters online. This flickr stream has a huge stash of them. Also: an online exhibit from the Library of Congress. I just ordered prints of some of the hygiene-related ones ("Keen Clean," "Keep Your Teeth Clean") for my bathroom. (Also "No water No guns!") I keep finding ones I love. I think it's because so many of the aims of the WPA--public art, gardening, libraries, and clean teeth--are also my goals. Synergy!

Even the map of their achievements is beautifully designed. I wish the current administration would build more culverts, and design more attractive posters.


John Is Not Really Dull, He May Only Need His Eyes Examined

No comments: