Monday, February 15, 2010

My recent favourite from the CBC news comments

From the comments on this story: Pride House: Safe Haven at the Games. CBC Comments: Be All The Gay You Want. (tm)

Seriously, I think this hilarious comment aside, do people just have a button they press that generates their comment for them, something like "blah blah my tax dollars blah blah"? Like Ignorant News Site Commenter Mad Libs? ALSO: Why do these people even READ CBC News? Shouldn't they be reading, I don't know, the Redneck Times? (I was going to write the name of a real newspaper, say a local one known for its redneck readership, but I decided to take the high road and avoid potential lawsuits. So just pretend I wrote... well, you know.)

I'm offended that my tax dollars are constantly spent on junk mail about family values and environmental action plans that involve BURYING POLLUTION UNDERGROUND. I should leave an articulate comment on a news site, that is sure to bring about the change I want to see in the world. That, or write a blog post.

No comments: