Monday, September 3, 2007

for the best

I finished my kimono hoodie today. I actually made it out of corduroy so it's more of a jacket and less of a hoodie. However, it HAS a hood, so I guess it is a kimono hoodie jacket. (In fact the hood is pretty stiff, because it's lined with burgundy broadcloth, and it makes me feel like one of those little bronze-coloured people from Spaceballs, who live in the desert. Which is an exciting feeling.) The first of these picture actually shows the finished jacket. The other three show me sulking and experimenting with the zoom on my camera. What these photos demonstrate is that I cannot resist the lure of the camera, and that my new hoodie jacket actually worsens this trait, because it is such a dramatic piece of clothing.

jacket 008 jacket 012 jacket 013 jacket 014


I used this tutorial on Craftster, although I made some pretty significant changes to it, the main one being using a belt I already owned (which I bought from Old Navy for $4 several years ago--w00t) instead of a strip of another kind of fabric. Including this belt, fabric, and thread, etc., it cost me less than $15. I'm pretty pleased with this project overall. I wish it were less bulky and square, but that's because it's lined. The cuffs are quilted, too. So it's actually warm enough to wear for fall.

No comments: