Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Write it in a martial hand

I'm home. It's late, so I shall make this brief.

I went to Seattle! And Tacoma! And Portland! I went to Powell's Books, which was, as advertised, big. (In fact, it uses its own internal numeric book organization system. I got very excited when I thought I had found a bookstore organized according to the Dewey Decimal System, and was then appropriately broken-hearted when I realized it wasn't Dewey, but an arbitrary system. Sad face.) I also went to Elliott Bay Books in Seattle. At these bookstores, I bought 5 books, 1 of which (Neil Gaiman's M is for Magic) I have already completed.

I went to the Seattle Repertory Theatre's version of Twelfth Night, which was excellent. I went to a very dramatic documentary about competitive arcade gaming, King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters, which was also excellent. I stayed at my parents' new house in Tacoma, which (as James pointed out) is oddly cabin-like, so we are going to make an effort from now on to refer to it as "the cabin."

I went to Fred Meyer, where I bought some little ceramic dishes with plastic snap-on lids, of the type I have been searching for for many moons.

I was disappointed in my inability to use my debit card in the US. Like, get with the program, FreedomLand!

I was happy to come home, and update my blog, and stop being such a lazy-bones. That's right, I said lazy-bones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

be curst and brief!

Prolix said...

Exactly! Taunt him with the licence of ink!