Monday, September 10, 2007

5:01 AM

It's 5:01 AM, internets, and I've been awake since 3:30. Since I wasn't accomplishing anything lying in bed, being the wrong temperature, I decided to get up. I was actually thinking of playing Warcraft, but when I logged in I felt inexplicably and suddenly weary, and besides (shocker): There was no one online to play with. The only people on my wacraft server at 5AM are antisocial youth, Europeans, and me, dysfunctional but literate. Besides, not one but two instance runs yesterday left me with flu-like symptoms.

I have to go get my passport photos taken in, ooh, 5 hours. I'm thinking this is going to be my most attractive passport EVER. Every time I look at my picture, it can remind me of the fact that I am a high-functioning insomniac.

The reason for the passport photos is that I'm going to see my parents in Washington next weekend. Since I still don't have a job, or anything to do, or indeed any money, it seemed like as good a time as any. I'll go sleep in their guest bed and visit my dog and maybe get a little perspective, because from where I'm sitting right now, the only thing I seem capable of doing is turning up the crazy.

I wish I could sleep, or even be calm for long enough to think about sleeping. I also wish I had more friends in other time zones, so I could call people without disrupting them too much. It seems like days since anyone has phoned me. Also, for the first time ever Facebook says: "You don't have any friends online recently." Words can hurt, Facebook!

No comments: