Sunday, September 2, 2007

"Pimpin' got harder 'cause hos got smarter..." -Wyclef Jean

The key to my ongoing happiness is to KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON. I have this tendency to FREAK OUT. It's something my dog, Toby, and I have in common, and I'd like to think it endears us to those who love us, but it can be kind of intense.

I have all these movies--I should WATCH THEM! I have all this fabric, and a sewing machine, and a collection of vintage buttons--I should make something! I have some mushrooms in my fridge--I should make beef Meghanoff! I have a Warcraft account again--I should get to level 61! I have a pool in my building--I should go for a swim! You know? Like, what's my problem? (Although, not so much that last one. My dress shoes tore up my feet again, and exposing these blisters to saltwater does not seem advisable.)

I always dreamed of doing nothing, and now my dreams are coming true. I must remember the two quotes that define my professional aspirations:

"It's not just about me and my dream of doing nothing. It's about all of us. I don't know what happened to me at that hypnotherapist and, I don't know, maybe it was just shock and it's wearing off now, but when I saw that fat man keel over and die - Michael, we don't have a lot of time on this earth! We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements." -Peter, Office Space

"I don’t want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don’t want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought or processed, or repair anything sold, bought or processed. You know, as a career. I don’t want to do that." –Lloyd, Say Anything
But swimming, cooking, sewing, reading, and watching movies are all fine, see what I mean?
People of earth, LATER.

----------------
Currently listening to: Tricot Machine - Pas fait en chocolat
via FoxyTunes

No comments: