Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Unemployment day 2: Projects

It's important for me not to lose sight of my goals. As such, I have devised this list for today:

1. Get my dwarf to Artisan-level cooking. (This involves much collecting of Zesty Clam Meat, Giant Eggs, and Soothing Spices.)
2. Solve computer spyware problems
3. Clean out closet, Eminem-style:

sept 002 closet


left: Before. Right: After. The left-hand picture is completely unposed, that is genuinely what it looked like on a long-term basis. The sad thing is, that the right-hand picture is AFTER the removal of three garbage bags of clothes from my closet. And it actually looks like MORE. But that is because everything has been laundered and hung up. I didn't even know I knew how to fold sweaters.

It seems like such a waste to get rid of clothes, but I decided that since I am giving them to Goodwill, it's actually a waste NOT to get rid of them since I never wear them. And this way I can probably buy them again when I find them at the thrift store (where many of them came from in the first place), exclaiming, "Oooh! A mechanic's jacket that says 'Dave' on the pocket! And a 'Traction King' shirt with a picture of a tractor on it!" (Yep, I decided it was time to get rid of those two. I can't really see myself having occasion to wear either of them again, as awesome as they are.)

Tomorrow I shall give my kitchen the Closet Treatment, get passport photos taken, and get said dwarf to Artisan-level LEATHERWORKING. And then on Friday I will kill myself, having run out of projects to distract myself with, and being confronted with the reality of my own uselessness. But at least when whoever comes to clean out my apartment after I kill myself, it won't be that hard.

No comments: