Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekend Report

This weekend feels like it has already gone on for a year. I don't know why I'm so exhausted, but there you have it, Internet. Unemployment is tiring! (Actually, hanging out with people for hours and hours is tiring, but the other version is pithier.) I woke up feeling like death warmed over, and I went for restaurant breakfast, a swim and a shower, and I feel 15% better. But 15% better than death warmed over is still not too great, actually. (Over the past week I've been swimming in the pool in my building, which is something I've always promised myself I would do. There are all kinds of things wrong with this pool: it's tiny, it's saltwater [which means it's way too warm for lap swimming], it's so shallow that I stub my toes on the bottom. But, more importantly than all of those things, it's in my building. I need to stop being so disgustingly lazy, and swimming is an easy way for me to exercise, because it allows me an immersion in my own thoughts that is hypnotic. James and I are also discussing taking a yoga class together, which is another step on the Becoming a Couple Everyone Else Hates Because They're So Co-Dependent and Adorable road.)

I applied for a job at the CBC today, and one as the music librarian at a local radio station on Friday. Being a film or music archivist/librarian would be so freakin' cool, I can't even tell you. Hipster cred through the roof. And if I thought I had the remotest chance of actually getting such a job, I'd be happy, but that is not the case. I'm trying not to get discouraged, but it is rapidly getting to the point where I am going to have to get another, random job, just to have money, and then I will completely lose my motivation to search for another, proper job because I will be too tired, and then I will work at a bookstore/coffee place/whatever forever, muttering to myself about my masters degree and how no one respects me. All I'm saying is that this incredibly depressing future is inevitable.

----------------
Currently listening to: Damien Rice - 9 Crimes
via FoxyTunes

No comments: