Sunday, January 20, 2008

2 1/2 recent projects

swiffering 012


I made these inserts for my off-brand swiffer duster. I actually like dusting with that thing, but I feel guilty throwing away the dusty parts, and then I feel cheap having to buy more of them. This solves both problems. All the dusting, none of the environmental guilt. I got the idea from this photo in the CRAFTY! photo pool. The fabric is remaindered fleece of some kind--$2.40 at Wal-Mart.

swiffering 011


And this is a baby blanket I made for some friends who are having a baby in a couple of weeks. It has cute multicoloured stars on one side, because I would cover the whole world with stars if I could--so emo! so 80s! And the other wise is pink curdoroy, because pink corduroy is adorable, and all baby girls should have something made of pink corduroy.

embroidery


This barely counts as a project, but I'm on a roll. I printed out a page of these super-cute embroidery thread cards on half of an orange file folder. Then I cut them out and used them to organize some of my more unwieldly embroidery thread.

I need a flippin' Flickr pro account.

Why I should never watch Lost in Translation alone on a Saturday night: because I will spent the next 48 hours in a melancholic, Wagnerian weltschmerz funk. This whole day has kind of made me want to cry. Last night I sat on my bed with the curtains open, spying on the people in the apartment building across the street, the night barely even dark because of the reflections from the snow. Today I went to Wal-Mart on the bus, primarily because I enjoy the bleakness of Capilano mall.

So.

I probably need to make something else right now, so my blues don't catch up with me.

___________________________________________

Currently listening to: Jonathan Coulton - Still Alive
via FoxyTunes
This song is AWESOME. And Jonathon Coulton's foxytunes page bio says: "Jonathan Coulton is an esoteric folk rock singer. He was first featured singing "Midnight Train to Georgia" with the Yale Whiffenpoofs. He is now the Contributing Troubadour at Popular Science..." He sang with the same acapella group as Rory Gilmore's grandpa? He's the "contributing troubador" at Popular Science? That is so frakkin' cool.

No comments: