Friday, January 11, 2008

Call me Sneakalyn.

I'm hesitant about blogging at work because of the amount of co-worker mobility around my cubicle--reading news, checking e-mail, etc., at work seems OK but somehow blogging seems to be crossing a line. So as I type this in a tiny Notepad window I have a bigger, more impressive-looking Word window open in the background. For all anyone knows, I'm diligent. Ha!

In spite of my sneaky blogging, I actually have nothing to blog about, sneaky or otherwise. I have a bunch of big cooking projects planned this weekend, including roasted pepper veggie lasagna, zucchini chocolate chip cookies, and BREAD. I don't have a breakmaker, so this is serious bread, like the pilgrims must have made. I had to buy yeast, and it looked suspiciously dry and powdery--I don't know what yeast should look like, but it seems that if you peer closely at it, you should be able to sense its organicness somehow. This yeast looks like dried onion soup mix. This might also be disastrous bread. But it's going to have fresh jalapenos on it, so at least if it's gross, I can pick those off and eat them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

steve and i had a yeast conversation. i said that if you look closely, yeast actually looks like it's moving. i know it's not, but it still seems like it. steve thinks i'm nuts.