Monday, January 14, 2008

A lot of the time, I go through my life feeling bewildered and tired and mediocre, like I'm just barely managing to convince those around me of my own capacity to successfully navigate my own life. But then, every once in awhile, I do something that really surprises even myself in the extent of its maturity or effort required and I think to myself, you know, i'm allright. This happened to me over the weekend, when I MADE BREAD FROM SCRATCH, and not only swept but WASHED the floor in my front hall (which was begrimed with several winter months' worth of mud) and then POLISHED ALL MY SHOES WITH MINK OIL. I know, right? Who is this person? Well, I don't know, but she got up 20 minutes late today and still managed to come into work wearing an oxford shirt AND a sweater-vest AND a blazer, with cool hair. And I like her.

No comments: