Tuesday, February 13, 2007

everybody knows that you've been faithful, give or take a night or two

And everybody knows that it's now or never
Everybody knows that it's me or you
And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah when youve done a line or two...
-everybody knows, leonard cohen

I am having one of those days, the days that are traditionally referred to in my family (copyright violation aside) as terrible, horrible, no-good very bad days. They delivered the wrong pizza, and the wrong armed services editions! I am writing an unwriteable paper. I posed for graduation pictures this morning in my Veronica Mars "Go Pirates!" shirt, and politely declined the offer of fake roses. (I went for the cheezy bookshelf backdrop though. When in Rome.) Tomorrow is Valentine's day, a holiday that always gets me into a maudlin weltzschmerz funk. (Did I just write that sentence? Oh yes. I think I did! Now that, people, is gloom. Take note.)

I am tired of all 1121 songs on iTunes.

The only thing that would startle me out of my funk is a warehouse of Lego. But let's calculate those odds, shall we?

No comments: