Saturday, February 3, 2007

Things that cost $1, part infinity

I just ordered my first Armed Services Editions from abebooks. The ones I ordered are The Gaunt Woman and We Followed Our Hearts to Hollywood, neither of which I have even heard of as books. This is fine because I am more interested in the artifacts. Plus they were only a dollar each. I had them shipped to my parents, because getting me cheaper shipping for my internet purchases relieves 12% of their guilt over moving to the States. And, obviously, because it is cheaper.

I would like some kind of personal project to celebrate Freedom to Read Week. I'm not sure what though. Last year I re-read all the Anastasia Krupnik books, which was excellent. I mean, I could say that I am starting to collect Armed Services Editions for Freedom to Read Week. The only problem with that is that those two things really have almost nothing to do with each other.

No comments: