Monday, February 26, 2007

The Monday Link Rodeo


  • OK, I am going to go out on a limb here and admit... I love baby animals. I know what you're thinking. "Jocelyn! You are a hip, sophisticated, urban young person! Aren't you only supposed to love things in an ironic way?" You are right. I'm embarrassed. But they're just so... I think cute is the word I am looking for. And in this case, I have conveniently culled the slightly-less-cute, leaving you with only the creme de la cute creme for your perusal. [The first link is from Dark Roasted Blend, which also has many other thrilling facts and stories.]

  • 5ives (unrelated, I would assume, to the erstwhile boyband of the same name) is a website full of lists. See the appeal? I particularly enjoyed Five Recent Make-Believe Canadian Girlfriends.

  • On Monday, the holiest of days, I think we should take a moment to mourn Dead Sodas.

  • Patently silly, much as the name implies, is a website that compiles silly patents. If you have a silly invention you are thinking of patenting, check here first to be sure it hasn't already been invented by some other silly person--thus saving yourself the expensive patent application fees, not the mention the embarrassment of attempting a duplicate-silly-patent. The first person to patent a silly invention is prescient; the second person to patent the same invention is a loser. Hey, I don't make these rules up.

No comments: