Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A fishtank rut.

I seem to be in this fishtank rut I can't get out of, so I'll just roll with it. Via design blogger Josh Spear, the three-room (three-bowl?) fish condo.



My friend Courtney was just on a fishing trip and she informed me that she has exacted partial revenge for me by catching a bunch of fish. That's a relief. There are still a lot left though, messing with us. (The fish in this picture is the same kind of fish that I used to have, Mr. Mixxx. He was evil, and to be honest, I never would have purchased him such a nice home.)

I'm at work and I can't say that I am getting all that much done, although I have started using google calendar to keep track of my various obligations. It's OK-fun. I do get to make my appointments orange, and that's important. But I would like to not have all 24 hours of the day visible for every day--it's disorienting. As in, "2 AM? Aren't I supposed to be sleeping at 2 AM?" Who has things scheduled at 2 AM, besides hookers? And sub-question, do hookers really have any use for google calendar?

I need a project. A quilt, a wall to paint, a book to write, or something.

2 comments:

alea said...

while the hookers may not need Google calendar, perhaps their pimps do. They gots to know where their hos be turning tricks.

But seriously, when my brother worked for Costco for about a week, they had shifts that started at 2 am, none of which involved illicit sexual acts.

Prolix said...

That's true. I would like to think that if I was a pimp, I would constantly be calling my hookers (on their cellphones, or possibly leaving messages on their facebook walls) saying, "where the hell you at, bitch?" Like, I really don't get to say that as often as I would like.

It makes me sad that anyone has to work anywhere at 2 in the morning. Sometimes I think capitalism is not very humane.