Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Some links, plus one sentence on the subject of vocation

From the Wall Street Journal: How various presidents stack up in terms of approval ratings. Poor Gerald Ford--that guy had nothing BUT bad days.

An interesting article from Malcolm Gladwell about the development and marketing of SUVs and the impact on safety. From 2004--don't ask me why these things suddenly show up on digg. "According to Bradsher, internal industry market research concluded that S.U.V.s tend to be bought by people who are insecure, vain, self-centered, and self-absorbed, who are frequently nervous about their marriages, and who lack confidence in their driving skills." SNAP!

A diverting yet pointless page demonstrating lakes and islands in various combinations. Did you know that the largest island in a lake on an island in a lake is in Mindemoya Lake on Manitoulin Island in Lake Huron? I sure didn't. Thank God. The very idea of knowing such things makes me exhausted.

Today made me think that maybe I made a bad choice in becoming a librarian, since I have so little patience for the stupidity of others.

No comments: