Friday, June 1, 2007

It's not a secret holiday, is it? There is NO ONE ELSE in the office. It's suspicious. I'm pretty sure the world hasn't ended though (which is always my first assumption) because a workman just walked by my desk. So there must be something else going on... some kind of cool library breakfast I wasn't invited to? With pancakes and orange mocca frappucinos and collocation? Well, if no one else gets here by lunchtime I'm going home. Or I'll just spend the whole afternoon watching the otter cam.

List of secret holidays: Don't Tell Anyone Day (usually celebrated on the first Saturday after Christmas), Keep It Secret Week (Mar 1-7), 4/20 (April 20, obviously), Jocelyn Still Has To Go To Work Day (June 1st), Skull & Bones Day (which usually commemorates the day George Bush Sr. entered office), Shavuot (late May/early June), Taciturn Eve (it's not actually a secret, but it might as well be), Ssssssssh (Sometime in late August; no one knows for sure because it's not talked about).

Heh. It could actually be Shavuot. Insert tasteless joke about a Jewish library conspiracy here.

4 comments:

Tederick said...

Shavuot was last week. I think it's Jocelyn Still Has to Go to Work Day. In my office we celebrate JSHTGTWD by taking a 2-hour lunch on the patio across the street.

Prolix said...

GODDAMMIT

alea said...

When I was living with a group of Mormons pretending to be Jews, we built a little hut for Shavuot. It's wasn't so secret that week for our neighbors. We ate our meals in it.

Prolix said...

Ah, I love your stories that begin, "When I was living with a group of Mormons pretending to be Jews..."
:)