Thursday, May 31, 2007

Apparently, Mr. Rogers was the nicest guy in the world. "Every one of the cardigans he wore on the show had been hand-knit by his mother." When confronted with that kind of wholesomeness, if you do not tear up a little bit, then you are dead inside. I feel sort of bad for finding him creepy as a child.

I doubt I am going to astound anyone with this particular piece of wisdom, but the terrible thing about working full-time is having to go to work five days a week. Conversely, the great thing about working full-time is not having to work in the evenings or on the weekends. Pardon my ignorance, but I've been in school a long time, so it's been a bit of an adjustment. I have gotten through 8 business days already. I go home in the evening and I have nothing to do--it's WEIRD.

A few times a day, I check in on the otter cam at the Vancouver Aquarium. I want to be an otter when I grow up, so this is good "research."

2 comments:

alea said...

did you know that one of his sweaters is in the Museum of Natural History?

check it out.

Prolix said...

Heh. "The informal sweater was Fred’s trademark, fitting in with his low-keyed exploration of matters of interest to 3 to 8 year-old children."

Matters of interest to 3 to 8-year old children: cookies, going to school, sharing, riding bikes, dinosaurs, bugs, princesses, fighting with siblings, plain cheese pizza.