Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Apparently, in spite of all the time and energy committed to security, the text of the last Harry Potter book was leaked online. It's available as a torrent--as a series of photographs of every page. I have to say, this obsession with getting the book 72 hours before everyone else baffles me. Just wait for it to come out! Don't you have other stuff to do? CUT YOUR HAIR! [Via BoingBoing, where I steal all my links, but I'm cool with it]

Also from BoingBoing: The math comic xkcd issued a challenge to readers based on this comic: to create real-life versions of the photo. The results are astounding. I love the attention to detail--the hands on chins!

I just had a momentary near-heart-attack when a co-worker told me he is looking for a way to scan paper documents to PDFs... several, hundred-page-documents. Fortunately, the conversation ended with... "But the question remains, who's going to do it? And it ain't going to be you. Or me." AWESOME.

I love Wednesdays because they are one-liner days at Overheard in New York--so many posts! Well, I shouldn't say I love them. I hate them less than I otherwise might.

I feel pretty today, internets. It's so hot outside, I'm all disheveled, and my hair is messy. I feel wanton.

No comments: