Monday, July 16, 2007

But not anymore.

Good morning, internets.

It was the weekend! I did everything without leaving my apartment. It was far too hot to go anywhere or do anything. It was still pretty good, though, as weekends go. And I got two parcels in the mail yesterday-- ON SUNDAY! It was completely inexplicable. Since when does Canada post deliver anything on Sunday? My "powerty" poster arrived ("woo! Powerty!").

I am well into Season 2 of LOST now. Michelle Rodriquez showed up, prompting this conversation:

Jocelyn: It's just like Battlestar Galactica.
James: And Admirable Boobs?
Jocelyn: She's a tough psycho, but you can sort of understand why she did what she did--her circumstances transformed her into a psycho.
(Admirable Boobs = Admiral Kane)
I still don't have a crush on Sawyer, gunshot wounds and sultry eyes be damned. I tried to have a crush on Boone, but then I found out he was a male model, and THEN he died, so I guess it was not to be. I am hesitant to develop a crush on any of the characters on this show--I'm afraid of them going crazy. I don't want to be responsible.

I'm enrolled in the last class of my degree right now, which means that I have to finish the final academic requirement of my program (besides the class), my "capping exercise." This is a re-working of an earlier paper, updated and internetified. I have zero desire to work on it. The paper I chose is on digital copyright in Canada, which happens to intersect with my (paid) summer research project, so I am doing two literature reviews for the price of one. How crafty! Anyway, I'll be sure to post a link to my capping exercise when it's done, since I know the whole internet is waiting with baited breath to read about libraries and digital copyright in Canada. I will post it and within hours it will catapault to the top of digg and delicious.

I'm actually developing a personal site with my CV, portfolio, etc., on it, and I'm debating whether I am actually self-obsessed enough to put it up. I am not suffering from any delusions that people are interested in me, but I DO want to get a job, and I think a personal website might make me seem more tech-competent. I don't know if my desire to appear cool and unpretentious will win out over my mercenary desire to appear savvy and employable. It's, like, a total battle of personal values.

I just discovered Barbara Ehrenreich's blog at the Huffington Post. I want to be Barbara Ehrenreich when I grow up.

Ted Stevens (the "internet is not a dump truck" guy) wants to switch from his land-line to wireless while riding his motorcycle. Wha?

No comments: