Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My favourite lolcat


It's just so cute, internets! Normally I try to avoid posting pictures of kittens... especially kittens that aren't mine. (Which is all the kittens, because I don't have any kittens, because kittens are cute but they grow into cats and I don't like cats.) But have to make an exception for this. Plus, the idea of embarking on some kind of epic quest with that kitten (CLEARLY a sissy) is ludicrous! I'm sorry, but it's true.

So, my day is progressing as usual. I have made two trips to Tim Hortons already, but I think I'm done for the day. Also, the elevator is broken, so every time I go downstairs I have to come back up... six flights. For an expedition like that, you need some kind of heroic kitten. I shall go to my class tonight, and it shall be no more or less boring than usual, I expect. I keep expecting some kind of theoretical framework for records management to emerge... and it just doesn't happen. More insignificant detail builds on the original, insignificant-detail foundation. Stupid last class of my degree.

I saw a job ad yesterday for a 12 hour a week job at a library. I immediately whipped out the microsoft calculator to check if I could live on such a small amount of money. The answer: no, but almost. If I were to get some other, similarly slacker job a couple days a week, I would have enough money to live on (and make student loan payments, natch). How much of a loser would I be if I got a master's degree, then spent my whole working life working part-time jobs in order to spend the least possible amount of time at work? I mean, on the Official Loser Scale, where 1 is, I don't know, Shaft, and 10 is Comic Book Guy from Simpsons?

Yeah, that's what I thought. OK, fine, I'll keep looking.

1 comment:

alea said...

I'd go the part-time route if it's affordable and you can get health insurance coverage (but seeing as you live in a country where no dying for lack of medical services isn't considered a privilege, maybe that's not a concern). I know this from my very brief run-in with full-time employment: it really saps your time.