Friday, July 6, 2007

Why, why, why, Dehlilah?

Ok, well, you can take the girl out of the Warcraft but you can't take the Warcraft out of the girl. Or the other way around, possibly. Regardless, on one particularly ill-fated Gnomeregan run, the theme song for the Fighting Mongooses was written. I'm pretty excited that the complete lyrics are now available, to be sung to the tune of Stan Rogers' "Barrett's Privateers".

I was told we’d roam the caves for Gnomeregan gold
We’d fire no guns, shed no tears
Now I’m a broken elf on a Menethil Pier
The last of Danglar’s Privateers...
(Danglars is James's warlock.) Goddamn them all, I wish I was in Stormwind now, a little.

On another note, this is the 300th post since I moved this site over to blogger. I shall celebrate with a cocktail and a cold shower.

No comments: