Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My aspirations, such as they are.

I arrived at the university this morning, and from my position in the Tim Horton's line I could see the lush green of Quad, nearly empty, and dramatic charcoal-gray skies overhead, and I realized I wanted nothing more than to walk out into quad, lie on the grass in my dumb work outfit, and wait for it to rain on me. Then I would take off my shoes, walk home across the high-level bridge, shivering and wet, and curl up on my couch and watch the last three discs of Season 1 of Lost, all in a row. It's not like my dreams are unachievable--usually they're so small.

Instead I got my coffee and bagel and came to work and sat down in front of my computer. And in a moment I shall load Outlook Mail, and then the day will fall into place in front of me.

No comments: