Wednesday, July 4, 2007

How hot it is on the 6th floor

  1. It is hot enough that I sit absolutely still (except for my typing fingers) and pretend I can feel the movement of individual air molecules.
  2. It is hot enough that I make excuses to wander down to the cool(er) (slightly) end of the office-- "I need to fill up my water bottle!" As a result, I drink several litres of water a day.
  3. It is hot enough that instead of having its usual calming effect, the otter cam just makes me angry. Ever since I first visited the otters, I have admired their lifestyle, but today I just feel embittered. Stupid otters--I hate them! You can bet it's nice and cool in their stupid otter pool!
  4. It is hot enough that when I walk down the stairs to the 5th floor, hitting the wall of properly air-conditioned and circulated air is like walking into a cave, or a basement.
  5. It is hot enough to make my job just a little bit unbearable.

No comments: