Wednesday, May 30, 2007

SwapMeat: Send something in, and get something back. Maybe. "You're going to have to trust us on this, but we'll check out what you send and then send you back some stuff of approximately equal value. That might be stuff we received from someone else or some of our stuff, or some combination of the two."

Slate article on LOLCATS, those inexplicably appealing pictures of cats with strange captions that have become an internet phenomeneme. (heh heh, I invented a new compound word that is a combination of "phenomenon" and "meme.") You know, like this:

The Wikipedia article also contains some tips on lolcat grammar. Of course there is a library-themed variation, lolbrarians. This forum has a ton of examples, including some of the very interesting "I am in ur x, doing y" sub-genre. THE INTERNET!

From Mental Floss: How to win at Rock, Paper, Scissors (RPS). There is a surprising amount of psychology behind this game. I was glad to have my own personal RPS hunch verified: "When All Else Fails Go With Paper." That is part of the reason I decided to become a librarian.

2 comments:

so angry said...

I'm on ur blog, I'm... well you know the rest

Prolix said...

I know, I know. Stop telling me about your harbl.