Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blog update! Blog update!

In Microsoft Outlook, which I use because I work in a real office, and all offices everywhere use only Microsoft products, you can take an e-mail that you have received, and then click the little flag next to it, and it will be automatically added to your to-do list. I get a lot of satisfaction out of doing this, because I like checking things off my to-do list, but in order to check them off I have to put them on first. The only problem with this approach is that the item on the to-do list will be the subject line of the e-mail. So yesterday, I sent an email to a co-worker with the subject line "reports! reports!" and he responded asking me to make a change to one of the titular reports. As a result, on my to-do list now appears an item called "reports! reports!"

I like how whimsical this is, and I've spent some time thinking about what "reports! reports!" could mean on a to-do list. For example, a series of reports on random subjects! Or, better yet, a MUSICAL ABOUT KEY MESSAGES!

I am filing that under "great ideas."

I have already checked off about three to-do list things TODAY, and it is only 10:16 AM, internets.

No comments: