Monday, March 31, 2008

I was on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world

Yesterday James and I attended the Pop Culture Fair, or as I prefer to call it, the BiMonSciFiCon. There were comic books a-plenty, and World of Warcraft toys, and people dressed up as storm troopers, although they were totally ooc, just standing around and chatting to each other, not being evil at all. I really, really want to find a Batgirl comic with her in her librarian outfit, but I was too shy to ask any of the comic-book people for help finding one. I've had negative run-ins with those comic-book people in the past. They really think I'm a moron. And like many smart people, there is nothing in the world I hate more than being made to feel stupid. I will find one on my own, perhaps on ebay.

Half-life of the BiMonSciFiCon: all day I have been humming the Darth Vader music to myself as I walk down the hallway in my office. Do do do, do do do, do do do. "She's singing her own theme music!"

I was tired and dazed when I woke up today, and I couldn't seem to contemplate my outfit effectively. As a result I am wearing much prettier, girlier clothes than usual, including a white linen skirt and an embroidered, cleavage-y shirt. I am also wearing black tights (with giant black leather combat-esque boots, natch) and I had a brown blazer on, but I realized that even I could not pull that off. Everyone was really excited when i got to work, as in, "You look so pretty! Doesn't she look pretty?" What they don't realize is that it is inadvertent, akin to putting on one black sock and one brown one in the early-morning cognitive fog.

Yesterday James and I watched Once, which is an adorable, charming Irish movie about music. My parents recommended it to me. Thanks, parents! I downloaded the soundtrack as well, within 10 minutes of the movie ending, because it's awesome. That makes four movies in one weekend. Go me.

No comments: