Thursday, March 6, 2008

A case of the Thursdays

I ordered some of these card catalogue cards from elfrida on etsy.


They're so pretty. She was nice enough to put together a custom order for me with the colours I wanted. They're only $3.25 each! You should go buy some.

I almost got to level 70 in Warcraft last night. I'm only about an hour of playing away, I figure. I could have finished last night but I decided to save it for tonight. Instead, I watched Flirting with Disaster. Every night this week I have gone home alone after work and done NOTHING, pretty much, and it's been GREAT.

(PS. In that movie, Patricia Arquette is supposed to be the kind of dowdy one, and Tea Leoni is the hot one. I have a girlie crush on Patricia Arquette, so I was confused by this conceit and I was unable to adjust to it. As a result the movie didn't really make any sense to me. Plus, with Ben Stiller, Lily Tomlin, Alan Alda, and Mary Tyler Moore, it should have been a lot funnier than it was.)

2 comments:

alea said...

I'm confused by David O. Russell. He seems to have a much broader range of amazing to meh than most directors. I'd really appreciate it if writers/directors could be consistent.

Prolix said...

I totally agree. I really love I Heart Huckabees, and I like Three Kings quite a bit, but this one wasn't very good. Plus he was the executive producer of Anchorman! WTF?

Robert Altman is like that for me too. I wish I could average his movies out somehow--except then cMCabe and Mrs. Miller and Gosford Park might get worse, and no one wants that.