Tuesday, March 4, 2008

like Cap'n Crunch.*

I am so enamoured of my new widescreen monitor at work that I may stay here forever. I'll sleep under my desk, and store various dry cereals in my filing cabinet. It does make me a LITTLE sad, though, because I know I'm going to get used to this one, and then my paltry 19" widescreen at home will seem pathetic in comparison. I'll try to play Warcraft and all I will be able to think is, this would be so much better on my work computer.

I had the most ridiculous night last night. The first half--dinner, taxes--was awesome. I'm getting a giant tax refund AND another year of GST credits (the way the government subsidizes the poor and pseudo-poor, like me, by refunding some of the GST we pay). I got to carry forward lots of deductions! The shepherd's pie sauce I invented--which included worschestershire sauce or however you spell that, chicken broth, dijon mustard, red wine, and lots of other weird things--was really frakkin' good! Then the second half made me lie down on my futon and stare at the wall in abject despair. I spent more time than I care to calculate on hold with Telus customer service after their installation CD epic fail-ed. I watched the election results come in for around an hour and a half, but the repeated utterance of phrases like "conservative tsunami" forced me to turn it off. Eventually I just had to go to bed, just to make the evening end.

I'm at work, researching how to make vegan pizza and planning my weekend. Could everyone update their blog now please? I'm bored. James keeps sending me links to warcraft armor he thinks I should buy (he creeps on my character profile page, which is both cute and a little creepy) but the rest of you aren't really doing your part to entertain me. Kthxbai.

*There should be an off-brand version of Cap'n Crunch that is just called "Captain Crunch." Or "Capt. Crunch." Or Corporal Crunch!

No comments: