Thursday, August 23, 2007

5% obsessive, 95% AWESOME

Currently listening to: The Perishers featuring Sarah McLachlan - Pills
via FoxyTunes

Oh my God, I love this song. I'm on my fifth consecutive listen now.

One may think
we’re alright
But we need pills
to sleep at night
We need lies
to make it through the day
We’re not ok

Call it old-fashioned, but I love a good duet. The Rufus Wainwright song "One Man Guy" is one of my favourites. My favourite Snow Patrol song, the one I can listen to over and over and over, is "Set the Fire to the Third Bar." (The common denominator is Martha Wainwright, but I don't like her solo material much--too slow and thoughtful.) I love Stars, and some of their best stuff is duetty. And I get to see them in November! And I'm getting off topic! (To the extent that "off-topic" is even a valid observation around here...)

That iTunes music recommending thingy is pretty good, actually. I've found lots of stuff I like that way. But I wish I could type the words "NO MORE FREAKIN JOHN MAYER" into my computer and have my wishes recognized. iTunes doesn't even care that that guy is my arch-nemesis. Actually, now that I think about it, it's almost as if Steven Jobs, personally, is mocking me. "Oh, yeah, Jocelyn? You like The Perishers? You like Beck? You like that new Josh Ritter album? How do you feel about.... JOHN MAYER?" Ha! More like John Maybe-not-er!

I think my interview went OK. All I know is, I would give myself that goddamn job. Anyway, it's disappeared from my mind like a heavy object dropped into a still pond. I get to go back to my life, now. I'm making pizza, bitches.

No comments: