Sunday, August 12, 2007

it's raining more than ever...

Sundays are such a drag. They pretend to be part of the weekend, but they're really not, because you always end up spending them getting ready for the week anyway--doing laundry, dishes, ironing, vacuuming, whatever needs to be done so that Monday can arrive without crisis. In my case, this means preparing a handout about Knowledge Management. Sunday breaks my heart, every week. The good news is that after this coming week my class will be over, and I will get about 10 hours a week of my life back, and hopefully I will become a nicer person and stop snapping at my boyfriend on the phone for no reason.

I watched the first few episodes of Fraggle Rock with some friends last night, and I can't believe I never watched it before--it's sad to think that I lived 24 years of my life without the awesomeness that is Fraggle Rock. Deprived childhood/teenage years/early adulthood alert! In fact, Lost just keeps messing with me, so I might break it off for good and take up with Fraggle Rock. I love those crazy singing Muppets, flying through the air, and I am feeling my tolerance for ambiguity plateau. I might've just been sleepy, but this show even seemed to have more than its share of angst and nihilism, for a kids' show. I don't remember what it was, but SOMETHING that happened in one of the episodes we watched yesterday was a perfect demonstration of the idea of hegemony. (Also, side note... does anyone else notice how Bob the Builder seems to have some eerie similarities to the Doozers?




AND:



Ahem. And they both live for building. I mean, I'm not a conspiracy theorist NORMALLY, but this is a little too coincidental, if you ask me. Check out those toolbelts! Aside aside: I don't know about you guys, but I'm suspicious of Bob the Builder. I mean, I know he likes to build, but he goes too far--his ENTIRE identity is constructed [heh] around the idea of being a builder. Can we build it? Yes we can, Bob, but I'm not sure we SHOULD. Maybe you shoud get a hobby, or some friends that aren't from work.)

I'm having one of those days where I am in a perfectly good mood, until I have to interact with other people, and then I suddenly realize I am grouchy. In fact, even my blog (with the theoretical, one-sided human contact it represents) is making me grouchy. For that matter, benign children's TV characters are making me grouchy. Screw you, internets. I know you don't take my Doozer/Bob theory seriously anyway.

----------------
Currently listening to: Rihanna - Shut Up and Drive
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Tederick said...

Here's how you do it: devote Monday nights to "laundry, dishes, ironing, vacuuming, whatever needs to be done." I started doing this 6 months ago and thereby bought back my Sundays. I threw Mondays to the wolves cuz let's face it, they'll suck no matter what. So why not make them suck just a little bit more when you get a Sunday out of the deal?

Oh yeah. You know I just blew your mind.

Prolix said...

Whoa.

---Whoa.