Monday, August 20, 2007

"Apparently, this is my first entry in two years."

I've been work-work-working away. The big presentation I have to give about my summer work project is coming up on Thursday, the day where everyone associated with the institution where I would really like to work will sit down in a little classroom and judge me--my intelligence, my research skills, my ability to evaluate, and probably, my outfit. Is that the wrong way to look at it? Possibly. Anyway, it's stressing me out. Then, later the same day, I have a job interview, which will basically be a repeat of the same situation, including the judging thing and the outfit thing. Oh well. I am definitely going to talk about "leveraging" in my work presentation, and I might try to slip it into the interview as well. "Leveraging" is employer catnip. They go crazy for it! At least, that's the theory.

It's grey and rainy outside. Neko Case weather, or coffee weather. I mean, weather that makes you want to drink coffee, not weather that actually is coffee, which would be disorienting.

The weekend happened, but I don't remember it, and it only made me tired. I watched a thousand movies, or at least, three movies. I finished season 3 of Lost (and I made my final crush decision: Sayid. From now on, I have a Lost crush on Sayid. I know you were dying of suspense) I also wrote in my paper journal for the first time since May. Stupid blog, occupying all my writing energy.

I'm lonesome.

No comments: