Wednesday, August 29, 2007

THE FUTURE.

My online banking system now shows scans of cheques I've written that have been cashed. Cool, eh? This means that all the times I've written "for sexual services rendered" in the memo line are now digital evidence, which could persist indefinitely. And that is a good feeling.

Also, I went to the fabric store last night and spent $50 on fabric (all of it from the bargain bin, like everything I buy), new sewing scissors, and thread. I have four projects to make, and I'm EXCITED. I also bought some orange wide-wale corduroy, which has no set destiny, but which I will make into SOMETHING--how can I not? Rule #1: You can always make something out of wide-wale orange corduroy. Rule #2: And it will be awesome.

I still haven't heard back about having a job, although I have another interview on Friday, which is also my last day here. If I don't have a job lined up by then, I guess I'm on awesome, unpaid vacation! My balcony, here I come!

My dad and I had this funny conversation about Classmates, and how they've been utterly upstaged by Facebook--especially since they keep trying to convince me that I should pay more to find out more information about people I used to go to school with. Sorry, Classmates, but that race has been won. I think the thing to do now would be to bow out gracefully.

No comments: