Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday morning comin' down

I don't really understand why vegans don't wear wool. I mean, you don't kill the sheep to get the wool. In fact, sheep that haven't been sheared in a long time get to be so covered in the stuff, it obscures their peripheral vision--which actually makes them MORE susceptible to tiger attacks. If I were a sheep, I would happy to contribute such a warm, flexible, and useful fiber to the betterment of humanity. Also I would make jokes about it. "Oh, do you find my wool ewe-sful? You need it baaaaaadly!" And so on. I guess we've just figured out why I am not a vegan--it's because I find it all too easy to see things from the sheep's perspective. That, and I love eating meat.

Also, it's not like if the animals ruled the earth, they would stop eating us. They wouldn't. I'm sorry, but that is the reality. Have these people even seen Congo?

The internets (that's "internets," not "internet's," don't get confused) response to the Miss South Carolina video I posted a link to earlier has been swift and cruel. One bright spot in the sea of mockery is Maps for Us, which is attempting to use the power of the digital Internets to make up for the lack of maps in American schools. Like Miss South Carolina, I also "believe our education, should help the US, should help the south africa, and the iraq, and the asian countries, so we can build up our future." It's a beautiful notion.

My favourite is the map of South/Central America made from dirty laundry:


This is going to directly benefit the U.S. Americans.

I did not get any jobs. I am disappointed, discouraged, and also a little relieved that I don't have to work next week. I'm going to sew--brace yourself for pictures of more crazy projects. If I can sew my own clothes, and grow herbs on my balcony, maybe I'll save so much money, I won't even need a job!

No comments: