Friday, February 15, 2008

sometimes (read: every day) the news just makes me depressed

Holy Moley: There have been four school shootings in the States in the past week.

In another news link pilfered from jezebel, a female Kansas basketball ref was not allowed to referee a boys' game. Because she's a woman. "That would be putting a woman in a position of authority over boys, [her officiating partner] was told — a scenario that was contrary to beliefs at St. Mary’s Academy." Uh huh.

You know what's contrary to my beliefs? Stupid-ass policies like that.

This cheered me up by 5% though: Business coalition opposes harsh copyright reform. They're just doing it because they're cpaitalists, but I'll take what I can get.

What's up with today, today? I feel like I haven't slept in a week. Bottles of water can only do so much, you know? I need it to be the weekend, so I can go to IKEA and the farmer's market. Plus, I can only sleep on Fridays and Saturdays, so I look forward to that all week.

No comments: