Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Daily Thing: Feb. 20th

I took a critical look at today, and realized there was no possible way I could finish all the things I needed to finish. And other stuff took priority, so I took the afternoon off from work. (I was also legitimately not feeling well, and in fact my monitor was swimming in front of me at work, and I felt like an invalid Victorian. I felt faint.) One of the things I accomplished during this extra four hours was this "conceptual headboard":

headboard 001

It looks uneven, which is weird because I measured! And hammered my finger! Actually, now that I think about it, maybe (a) my whole bedroom is crooked or (b) I, myself, am crooked and am therefore not holding the camera straight.

headboard 002


The second, weirdly focused picture shows closer-up. I strung up my recycled industrial felt hearts from etcetera media on a piece of thread strung between two nails. This was a quick and dirty project, I'm happy with how it looks, and if I get tired of it I can so easily take it down.

I kind of wish I had more of the hearts though, because I can think of about 50 more things to do with them. Or even better, stars. I love stars because they're so emo, as am I.

Previous Things-A-Day
An explanation [of sorts]
Thing-A-Day 2008 homepage

No comments: