Friday, October 19, 2007

California, here we come...

i. I got another job, maybe. Out of nowhere! If anyone out there on the Internets is looking for a job, try writing a blog post about how you don't want a job. Step 2: ??? Step 3: PROFIT! I'll even post your I-don't-want-a-job blog post here for you, if you want.

ii. I am done season 5 of the X-Files, and season 6 is tantalizingly close (since I bought it last week for $20. $20!) But I have to watch the movie first, according to the rules of this arrangement, and it is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. Not even at the used-movie stores that ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a copy every time I go. Wtf, Edmonton?

iii. I saw the Darjeeling Limited tonight, and it was kind of good, although I think it was my least favourite Wes Anderson movie. Still, it is worth seeing just for Adrian Brody. He has a look of exquisite pain on his face for pretty much the entire movie, AND, watching him fold himself in and out of whimsical trains and tiny Indian cars is hilarious. IMDB says he is only 5'10 3/4" (ie., almost exactly the same height as me), but I don't believe it. Or else every other actor in the WORLD is tiny. Which is a possibility I am not completely eliminating. Actors are tiny: you read it here first.
iiib. I feel this is also a good time to mention that Jason Schwartzman is the (former?) drummer of the band Phantom Planet. Did other people know this? He is in a band now, Coconut Records, in which he writes all the songs and plays all the instruments. Which means it is really not even a band, it's just him. I just learned this a couple days ago and it is information I am having some trouble becoming accustomed to knowing. I may forget it, just for the sake of convenience. In addition to being Max Fischer he gets to be a drummer in the band that wrote the theme song for The O.C.? Unfair.

iv. I actually had something in mind for #4, but I forgot it in the process of looking up how tall a bunch of random people were. Maybe I will think of it tomorrow, although I may then be obliged to re-start my numbering process.

v. My screaming guy is screaming again, so I think I'll go read in bed for awhile and try to pretend not to be tired. As in, screw you, screaming guy! I didn't want to sleep anyway! He was honestly barking like a dog earlier, and I do not understand.

No comments: