Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Books that I have successfully convinced the public library to buy, because I was not willing to buy them myself but I wanted to read them

Library Juice Concentrate, by Rory Litwin
Craftivity, by Tsia Carson
Neptune Noir, edited by Rob Thomas
The Secret Language of Sleep by Evany Thomas

I tell myself that they appreciate my feedback, as a committed and appreciative library user. But that may be a complete myth. But I've lost my borrowing privileges (or at least my renewing privileges) at the U of A, and things are getting rough.

2 comments:

alea said...

you've only lost the "privilege" of borrowing, but don't you think you, as a tax-paying Albertan, have a right to those books? Just start stealing them. You're a librarian, and therefore know the mysteries of tattle tape...

Prolix said...

Actually, thanks to Canada's poor-people-friendly taxation system, I don't pay ANY taxes of any kind. Point taken, though. Plus, as former SLIS students, you and I know that a book from Rutherford can travel up to the third floor, then down the elevators and out the door, without ever going through a security point...