Friday, October 12, 2007

I already feel better

I'm not applying for any more jobs until I find one I actually want. I fear I've gotten desperate enough that today I almost applied for a cataloguing job, until I realized that I do not, under any circumstances, want to catalogue. Ever! I would rather be unemployed than catalogue! Plus I haven't even taken the class, so I don't have any of the knowledge they probably expect in a cataloguer, so if by some bizarre accident they gave me the job, I would probably fail spectacularly at it! Over the next few months it seems there are people who have some freelance type things for me to do, starting today, so I'm not desperate for money. But I feel a little guilty about this assertion. Do I have any right to play hard to get? And the companion question, who cares?

I never used to care this much about work. In fact, my lifelong dream used to be to live in a state of barely-employed-ness, making just enough money to keep myself in books and cocktails. What changed? I graduated from this professional program and suddenly found myself brainwashed. Well, no more. This is new, likes-not-working Jocelyn, and she's not going to freaking catalogue.

----------------
Currently listening to: Amy Winehouse - Rehab [I love this song. It sounds like it comes from the 1950s, but it's about rehab! How can you beat that? YOU CAN'T]
via FoxyTunes

No comments: