Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Debris Room Chronicles

passiveaggressive 002

Someone from my floor left this note on the Debris Room door. It says, "Please be respectful and take your garbage downstairs. If it doesn't fit down the garbage shoot. Thank you!" The word "shoot" was crossed off and replaced with "chute," possibly by me, but I admit nothing. The second sentence is also a sentence fragment, but I don't know how committed I am to correcting the grammar of passive aggressive signs left in my apartment building hallway. (Actually, now that I look more closely at this sign, that might be a comma, in which case I retract my snarky sentence fragment criticism.)


passiveaggressive 004
Even though I was amused by the sense of community values/jerkiness (or something?) that possessed someone to post the sign above, I 100% understand their inclination. WHO DOES THIS? Gross!

The designation of this room with the "Debris" sign may be what is confusing people. It is not a room where you put your debris. Such a room would really have limited usefulness. In fact, it is a room where you put your debris down the chute/shoot. Be respectful! Chico says sober up!

No comments: