Tuesday, October 9, 2007

AND, I just got normal hearing back in both ears!

James and I watched The Departed last night. In honour of this, my Facebook status is currently set to "Jocelyn IS NOT A COP!" although it might be more accurate to say, "Jocelyn is sick, pathetic, depressed, and self-medicating." ANYWAY, The Departed was OK, but I have trouble believing it won the Best Picture Oscar. (ALTHOUGH, I also don't give the Oscars much credence at all, so I don't know why I care or am surprised. After all, Rocky won!) It had its high points, for sure, but it was WAYYYY too long, and I didn't really understand the point of it. Plus, now that 12 hours have elapsed, I don't remember what happened in it at all. (See self-medicating, above.) In this sense, The Departed was the gangster-movie equivalent of Blades of Glory. Think about it. (Side-note: two recent movies, this one and Eastern Promises, have both given me the impression that the mob lifestyle is SO NOT WORTH IT. You know? Like, what is the advantage of being a gangster, at all? Apparently there are lots of women of questionable morals involved, as well as possibly drugs and money, but really, if you become a gangster there is a 90% chance that you will get stabbed. Possibly, in the eye. Is it worth it? I don't think so. So I shall stick to my plan of becoming a librarian.)

According to this list on Lists of Bests, I've only seen 36% of the best picture oscar winners. I should try to see them all. Maybe when I'm done with The X-Files, as I can only handle one monumental movie-renting project at a time. I have a major crush on zip.ca these days, as they have inexplicably been sending me extra movies, as if they KNOW I am sick and unemployed.

I bought some of those sore-throat lozenges with the anesthetic in them, though, so I would say things are looking up. I've always felt sort of excited that you can buy low-dose anesthetic over the counter in lozenge format. I also stocked up on NyQuil (my cold medication of choice), stove top stuffing (post-Thanksgiving sale!) and X-Files (season 6 for $20! Back on track!) I shall be located on my couch until further notice.

----------------
Currently listening to: Josh Ritter - The Temptation of Adam
via FoxyTunes

No comments: